Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas at our house...cont'd

Oh Christmas Tree
Having 10 ft ceilings enables us to have a huge tree. This year, as tradition, we went and cut our own. There were a few stressful/exciting moments when the chain fell off the chain saw, but all went well and we got it home just fine. You can actually see the newly finished ceiling now complete with recessed lighting and a fabulous fan. I love how the one recessed light shines down on it like the bright star in the east.

Last year I bought a new angel tree topper (we always have an angel). What you can't tell is that it's about 15" high!

The very front part of the tree is my "domain" and I do all the decorating of the room facing section. The section to the left in this photo Travis decorates. Emily does the side to the right. This way both children are happy that there ornaments can be seen from a window. Poor Emily's didn't get at much viewing because the heat run is over there and many days I closed the curtain to help keep the heat in.

A vintage wooden ironing board was transformed into this many year ago when I was doing a lot of decorative painting.
My bird ornaments
I started collecting bird ornaments with real feathers a long time ago. Here's a few.

The floating feather ornaments were the first ones I did after I got divorced. There is a feather inside with some glitter and a bit of faux snow, glitter, and beads glued to the top. I still love them just as much five years later.
Another fat bird with feathers.

No comments: