Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Passing on my award...

I had a really hard time of this... I visit so many blogs that I've literally got 6 separate folders with blog addresses (which I tried to organize and now have a hard time finding what I'm looking for). I tend to visit a lot of different kind of blogs, and what I noticed in trying to narrow it down to 10 is that all of them have a LOT of eye candy and that is usually combined with writing that inspires me or intrigues me to learn something new.

The rule is:“Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times.” (I can't copy/paste the image to my blog posts, so I just saved it to my hard drive).
So, without further a do:
These people make my day:

1- Cindy at My Romantic Home - Cindy inspired me to start thrifting again and really inserting more of myself into my house

2- Layers upon Layers - love this blog...lots of artsy information and inspiration!

3- snipHits(or misses) aka Geek Betty - talentented writer, fantastic photographer, and can work a vintage dress better than anyone I've ever known.

4- Tracey at Notes from a Cottage Industry - Tracey inspires me in so many ways, but mostly to lead a more beautiful life

5- whatever - an eclectic mix of home and plain ole funny stuff with fantastic photography

6 - Adventures of the Card Lady - oh my...her cards are to die for. I wish I had an occaision to order some from her. I really admire people who can make just one thing. I'm just not that disciplined.

7 -Sweet Paul - warning ! do not look at this blog if you are even the tiniest bit hungry because you will be drooling at his photos. When I was growing up, it never occured to me that "food stylist" could be a job. I'd only want to photograph deserts !

8 - Susan at Ilka's Attic - more eye candy and inspiration. Susan is really generous with information too.

9- My Canadian friend Debby and her Inner Reflections - more art! (and hey, I own some of it)

10- Ginny at Ginny's Small Studio - more art...I aspire to have a studio as clean as hers...someday!

8 comments:

Angie said...

thank you so much for your award and your very kind words.
Paul

Debby said...

WOW!!! Now you have made my day. Your blog looks awesome and I love, love your new banner.
I guess I had better get busy and nominate a few blogs.

Hugs,
Debby

meg duerksen said...

thank you.
that is so sweet.
i feel honored.

by the way...the video is not my daughter. i found that through YouTube. she IS so adorable though. "surely?? Surely?"
and the slurping sounds in between sentences.
i was totally taken with her.

i wish my kids knew scripture like that.
or myself?!!
thanks for the award.
-meg

Susan Tuttle said...

Wow - I am so very honored! Thank you.

I just love your artwork and blog - you and I are very similar in our loves for the off-kilter macabre, as well as our affinities for sweet and whimsical.

Nice to meet you!

Warmly,
Susan

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for the award. I hope you show us all the great things you find thrifting!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'm bowled over. Just wow! Thanks so much :-)

Anonymous said...

thank you so much!
I'm going to have to think of who to pass it on too...hmm. Thank you :)

Kristy@RiceInk said...

Thank you so much, you really made my day!