Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Hector Falls, NY

While I'm on a roll posting here, I thought I'd post some of my new waterfall pictures. For those of you reading who don't know, New York is not all NY City ( a popular misconception). There are gorgeous waterfalls in the Finger Lakes no more than an hour from my house. In our quest to find a new camping spot- and check it out before we went there - we happened upon Hector Falls. Sometimes it's good to miss a turn ! You can see from the middle picture that some moron decided that the major road around the lake should just cut off the beautiful Hector Falls- the railing is right there !! The bottom picture shows the view from the other side of the road...you really can't see the whole thing (bummer).

The falls are really awesome up close...huge and looming above you.

In true fashion, I was asked to take a picture of other people in front of the falls - it always cracks me up that this happens.... we are in the middle of "no where" and out of the blue another SUV pulls up and the (college?) kids ask me to take their picture. Seriously, every time I go some where someone asks me to- I sure wish I knew if they were happy with them !




2 comments:

Debby said...

Beautiful pics Deann!

Deb said...

Beautiful! I'd love to be there RIGHT now.

Deb