Saturday, December 29, 2007

last of our Christmas house

I set goals for myself before I reached certain *ahem* ages (which I will not divulge at this time) and one of them was to learn how to do tatting. This snowflake ornament is one of the needle tatting ornaments I made from a vintage magazine pattern. I always wish I'd made more that I'd actually kept. Maybe next year I'll make more! I still haven't found some sweet old(er) lady who can teach me how to do the tatting with the shuttle, the old fashioned way.


Years ago when my living room was a mauve color, I made this wreath from vintage ornaments to coordinate with it. It hangs in my dining room now. I have countless additional vintage ornaments to make more, but I haven't figured out how I can possibly package them to be mailed that they won't get broken.
My white kitty ornament was made by mother some time in the 70's when felt was really big. For as long as I can remember, this ornament has been on the tree. I hang it low since it's one of the few that my real cats can't break or eat the feathers off of.

The star of my real feather ornaments is this beauty with the huge tail. It's more than a foot across and thankfully there is always a spot bare enough on the tree to display the whole thing in all of it's glory.
Another smaller peacock ornament that is glass with a real feather tail.
My favorite of the traditional holiday pictures. Every year I take a picture of both kids in front of the Christmas tree. It's hard for me to believe that when I first started taking them, there was no such thing as digital pictures (at least that people could afford to personally own!). Travis just turned 15 the day after Christmas and Emily is 13... I really and truly can't believe they are that old.

No comments: