Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Still not 100%

The snot factory has slowed production, but I have this *really* annoying cough now....it's like I can't cough it all out. I'm quite fed up with the whole thing.

Tomorrow I'm going on a field trip with Emily (as long as we have school since they're predicting an ice storm) to visit Keuka College with her 8th grade class "Home and Careers" - I think we called it Home Ec back in my day. I went on this with Travis last year to Oswego State and froze, but it was really funny to watch all the kids be so aghast that you can eat whatever you want in college. This probably isn't a good thing since most of those 8th grade girls pants would have been too big on me (yeah, we always hear about how kids these days are over weight, but mine are both smart and stickly things so it was quite a shock).

Anyhow, I told Emily I was going to wear something hideously unmatching and act weird. I thought I'd get the response I got when we both got our haircut (I'd told her I would make my hair bigger than it already was and sing annoying songs while we walked through the mall to embarass her. She told me "go ahead, the only person you'll embarass is yourself" !!). However, I got quite a different reaction this time - she told me don't ! and if I do anything inappropriate the teacher would make me go home. hahahaha ahhh, the thrill of having children to mess with.

I have been trying to do some art, but my muse must be off with the snotty kleenex since everything I start turns to crap. I'll try to most some pictures to illustrate what I mean soon...as soon as I stop hacking and blowing my nose :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanne you are naughty frightening Emily like that! I'd loved to have had the opportunity.
My eldest son would stick his head in the car window in front of all his mates and kiss me goodbye when I dropped him off at school.(very rare occurence by the way) When he got flack he just said - my good-luck to have a cool Mum - eat your heart out.

My youngest son (regardless of what I wore or how I had my hair by the way) would walk ten paces behind me when we had to buy shoes at the Mall or such. In case any-one saw him out with his mother. Go figure kids.

I've not had the joy of having a daughter. Boo Hoo. am shortly to have a grand daughter though. I'll be putty in her hands.

Am taking some shots of shells I have to send - will have to go out and get some nice littlies. Thought I had lots (there are heaps to be had don't worry) but as they are so common I probably didn't worry about bringing any home.

Will get to it soon.
Autumn has arrived here. A nip in the air in the mornings. Don't laugh it is about 12 14degrees. We are used to 20!!! Just trying to make you feel better.

Ellie

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better, and that your cold has left :-)Tank you for the sweet comment at my blog! I soo appriciate it!
Hihi your story about the haircut had me laughing here ...what a cute , sensible answer!! I'd love to have children one day, seeing them grow into little persons must be amazing :-)