Monday, June 23, 2008

The Yard - before's

I have spent every single day working in the yard or greenhouse since March - not a whole lot of that reflected here, is there?

I thought I'd share a few before pictures from the end of May/beginning of June.
Tomorrow I'll share how they look now (I just love a good before and after, but since it's past midnight, the pictures would be a tad dark now, eh?)

I've spent lots of time looking at other people's garden photos, but most of them live where it was warm much earlier than upstate NY. We have had really odd weather this year with it being 80s for a bit in April then 40s end of May going to 90s in the beginning of June. This can be a bit exasperating, but I tend to plant heavy (and too close together!), so I don't worry much if a few things don't make it. This is the first year I've grown nearly all of the annuals in my yard. Anyhow....

Here's the front curb. I have always hated mowing it since it's just a bit larger than one pass with the mower and a real challenge around that tree. Now I put plants in it every year... there are a couple perennials, but normally I fill it with annuals since they stack the salty snow right there in the winter time.
Here's one side of the back yard- tantilizing view of the neighbor's parking area, isn't it? I can't put in a real/solid fence because there is a drain that runs directly under the property line and the village has an easement to access it.
Stay tuned for updated pictures tomorrow !

No comments: