Sunday, February 3, 2008

blog makeover

my blog has a new look !
I liked the other one, but it was starting to feel like too much white space on the sides. I'm really happy with the green (of course, hehe).
I also have a new header. One of the unexpected benefits of taking photos for my 365 blog is that I have a lot more photos to play with. I'm really pleased with the header too ... for those of you who may have been trying to view my blog whilest I was editing, my apologies. The ole html is finally coming back to me and I had to really struggle with getting the header to show the right size and not be slammed against the top.

I spent (way too many hours) perusing dafont.com thanks to an older post of Michelle Ward's.
Michelle kindly helped me find a font I wanted. This was especially great because if anyone asks me which font something is, I probably don't know.... I could also own a cd, hear the song, and not be able to tell you who sings it. I can only quote from one movie - Rock n' Roll Highschool.
oops, got off on a tangent - anyhow, to the talented and generous Michelle:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new look is really gorgeouse! Love the doll head mixed media art, and the font is perfect for you! I've given you the You make my day award, as I'm so fascinated with your weird and wonderful art!Its something so creative and adventureous to your work! Love it!

Seth said...

Great header! Love the font, the colors, and the random bits of scratched, circling, and doodling!

michelle ward said...

hey deann - how cool is this? thanks for the mention. love your little graphic and the banner, woohoo! i totally know what you mean about sucked into the vortex of font research. so many beautiful typefaces out there!!!