Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rose study

Today I started taking photos of my bargain roses from Aldi's. I thought it'd be a good time to test out the color settings on my camera. I think the results are interesting and surely they'll find their way into some of my mixed media pieces.
Close up of the vase with the drop of water on the leaf from me filling it:
My lovely thrifted vase (49cents! and it's green):

Camera set to "warm" color:
Camera set to sepia:

Camera set to black and white:

Camera set to "natural" - and this is actually a true color representation. They are the softest pinks and yellows and smell really amazing. That doesn't happen much with roses when you buy them anymore.

Then, I started messing with it a bit - wouldn't this be lovely on a Valentine with some soft white scripty text?

One of the other roses. It looks so lovely that I wish I could just crawl into that center section.

No comments: