Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thrift store finds

I took pictures of the vintage thrift store finds from the other day, but I was going to wait until I could get this cool silver vase cleaned up... well, that is taking me much longer than I thought it would. The DYI channel tip about putting it on aluminum foil with baking soda - not working. Scrubbing with baking soda - working a little. Putting it in my ultrasonic jewelry cleaner works, but I can only dip about an inch of it in there... back to the drawing board on that (tips welcome!)

I love the color green of this planter and it didn't even have one chip in it ! I've planted hyacinth bulbs in it (I got a mix of bulbs so I'm really hoping NONE of the ones I planted in it are red).
This hilarious "bottoms up" cup. The bottom actually moves when you tip it.

No comments: