Sunday, January 27, 2008

behind the scenes in my studio - the sepia edition

my studio looks so much more "romantic" or "mysterious" or something in sepia. I love these pictures!

this is the same as the earlier post in color, but I changed the camera setting to sepia (rather than changing in Photoshop).


doll parts in a metal bucket

my Golden mediums. Apparently when I go to buy more, I can't remember if I get soft gel, regular, or heavy - I do know I always get matte ! the baby on top of one of them - I made that in high school art class.
I need to know what time it is ! the Ganesh is from India. Noooo, I'm not using that aqua net back there on my hair - it works as good a fixatif you can buy in the art store for setting pencil drawings so they don't smear. Just to the right of the clock is this cool stamp(?) I got that looks like a tin type - maybe they used it to print in a newspaper? I really don't have any idea, but you have to have it at just the right angle to see the image.
My sink. I'd welcome anyone who'd like to come over and clean my stamps please. The gourds are fully dried from when I used to paint them like Santa for ornaments and were on one of the top shelves. They'll be going to eBay as soon as I can get myself organized. And yeah, that brush shouldn't be soaking in the water all the way past the ferrel. What I know for sure is that I will be throwing it out when I'm done painting my studio.

No comments: