Thursday, January 3, 2008

One Journey ends... a few more begin

Journey #1
My journal for Artistic Journey in Color has returned home after a year. It's really gorgeous in person - everyone's art is so much more amazing in person.


Journey #2
I really liked working on someone's journal every month...probably because it was the only thing that got me in my studio. I bought a lovely, large (I haven't measured, but I think it's 14"x14") journal (probably supposed to be a scrapbook) with the intention of making my own personal journal art. I've gotten the cover and page one completed so far.

Journey #3
I started another blog with just photos as a "365 Project"- this is where you take a photo every day. I'm hoping this will both improve my photo taking skills as well as get me familiar with my new digital camera that has more options than I know what to do with.

Studio Time
I also managed to alter a cabinet card today too. It isn't quite what I was planning when I started off, but I really like it. I usually have 4-5 projects started in my studio at one time in varied stages of drying (some things you really can't speed up with a heat tool like I want to!). I'm pretty happy that this is actually complete.

Here's a close up of the texture - even yummier in person!
Somehow I missed the fact that Tim Holtz has a blog now. I must have been under a rock somewhere. I had a grand time going through it this morning and oggling his 12 days of tags. I'm always really impressed with his instructions. I tend to wish I'd taken photos as I went along, but it would really interupt the flow of how I tend to make art.

That's a lot for today ! Hopefully I can stick with posting more often.


3 comments:

carylsrealm said...

Yummy Yummy Texture!

Debby said...

Your new book is awesome. You sure have the texture down pat. Beautifl work.
Debby

Anonymous said...

Good words.