Sunday, January 13, 2008

New art !

This is the first piece I did today. It's 4"x6". I hadn't used my heat tool in a really long time so I decided to try it on this textured piece. It transferred the fly really well.

This is the second piece I did...it's not scanning too well due to having a pearlized finished on it...it is not this "stark" looking in person.
This next one is my favorite. Initially I transferred this Paper Whimsy image onto some hand dyed silk and mounted it to the 5"x7" canvas board. And there it sat for months. I didn't like the oranges and yellows, which is probably why I didn't go back to it. I transferred the bird and bees with the heat tool again. This time it didn't work as well, but I still love the effect.
The last canvas I finished today. Similar to the one above, as well as not scanning well either. Perhaps these thick cavases I need to just take photos of, eh?


3 comments:

Debby said...

Deann all of your new art is awesome.. WOW!!

Debby

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Cindy said...

Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog! Oh my gosh, your artwork is amazing!