Sunday, January 27, 2008

behind the scenes of my art studio

I thought I'd share some pics of my studio. It's still a WIP (work in progress), but I am making a lot of headway !

the new color is a little off in this picture - I'll have to try to take a picture during the day and see if the color comes out a little bit better.

I've been working on a big (18x24") canvas that says "nevertheless" to remind myself of the word I picked this year (see this long post). It is not at all coming out like I envisioned and I put some molding paste over the embossed letters. It turned it this cool rusty color.
doll heads are now on a shelf in my studio. the bowl is full of gesso'd and waiting to be gesso'd heads.
the bottom shelf above my sink has all of my paint brushes and sponges and soaps.

The next post is going to have all the pictures I took with my camera set to sepia.

No comments: